Pages

14 April, 2012

No Architecture related post till today?!

I just realise that I have no Architecture related post in my blog although I have Architecture background. Does it weird? Actually I didn't make this blog for any fix topic but just to create a place to put my thinking in to words. But few minutes ago, I came across a nice blog which has some beautiful pictures about building design. The blogger described herself may not a professional in the field but she knows how to appreciate architect's work. She wrote:

"I may know nothing about architecture as some said it when I commented on related stuff  but the statement itself is worth a debate because it make no sense to me.Sometimes in life, you do not have to be a professional  in the field to know what is nice and what is not.Sometimes in life, you do not have to be a professional in the field to know what functions well and what don’t." 
- Peggy Chow


Just read one of her posts, I can say that I like the way she appreciates Architecture and Interior Design which have inspired me in somehow. Maybe I should not limit myself by only taking Architecture as my career. I should have learn to "blend" Architecture into my daily life. Why I say so? Hmm... If you have read some of my previous post, you should know the answer. But anyway, here I give you a short summary of the story.

I am Architecture graduate but not an Architect. Why? I have not yet completed my 5 years Architecture studies but just 3 years with BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology. Therefore, I am only qualified to be an Assistant Architect unless I further study. Alright, you may think why don't just go to study the remaining 2 years? Yes, it sounds easy but it's not in actual. Financial problem and getting tired with Architecture are the main reasons that stopping me from further study. I have been trying to find out a solution for quite a long time but only has a clear picture of what do I really want recently. For now, I can tell you that I am searching for other options besides Architecture. What options?  I think I have it already but not confirm. So just wait and see what will happen later.

Then, how does it relate to today's topic? Actually I mentioned in the previous blog that I may take Architecture as my hobby instead of career goal. So by starting to post something related to Architecture may be a good start for me. No matter I will be an Architect in the future or not, at least I will be having it as my hobby.

So from today onwards, I will start to post something about Architecture in my blog. It does not have to be every post but just post whenever I have something to share  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment